Hello, my name is Colin Post. I'm a doctoral student in the Information and Library Science program at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, where I am also working on a masters degree in Art History. My research interests include histories of cultural heritage institutions, all things archives, and digital preservation, and in particular the preservation of digital and net-based artworks.
Before moving to North Carolina, I received an MFA in Poetry from the University of Montana. My creative work investigates histories of poetic form, and the materialities of analog and digital media.
Feel free to get in touch with me!
- "Preservation Practices of New Media Artists." Webinar presentation at the Digital Preservation Coalition, February 8, 2017, York, UK. http://dpconline.org/events/past-events/preserving-new-media-webinar
- "Meet the Artist: Cornelio Campos." Conversation between Colin Post and Cornelio Campos as part of the Durham County Library's Humanities Program series, October 30, 2016, Durham, NC. https://youtu.be/77S1G6JvIEU
- "Creativity Around the Corner: Artists' Archives at the Durham County Library." Poster presentation at Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting, July 31 - August 6, 2016, Atlanta, GA.
- "Designing and Delivering a Digital Archiving Workshop for Studio Artists." Personal Digital Archiving Conference, May 12-14, 2016, Ann Arbor, MI.
- “Voices From Every Angle: An Experiment in Documenting Contemporary Art.” Society of American Archivists Research Forum, August 18, 2015, Cleveland, OH.
- “The Collapse of Romanticism in The Octopus.” Western Literature Association Conference, October 5-8, 2011, Missoula, MT.
- “The Production of Space in The Crux,” Charlotte Perkins Gilman Conference, June 17-19, 2011, Missoula, MT.
akhilleus is an ongoing digital poem, a performative archive of voices and occurrences. This poem is a hub, with many discrete and related pieces emerging from this work.
Below is a list of my poetic publications, with links for everything available online.
- Excerpt from Lynx Perpetual Lynx, Tarpaulin Sky Magazine, online, July 2015
- “The figure is an instance of”, small po[r]tions, 4th Issue, March 2015
- Excerpt from Lynx Perpetual Lynx, Deluge, 3rd Issue, September 2014
- “Blame not / lutes broken to / hondes” and “Some Diagrams of Gleytch and Skin”, Hoax Publication, November 2013
- “billboards”, “wintervalu”, “werrtheaudio”, textsound, Issue 12, Winter 2012
- “Mural Valus”, Pismire, third flight, 2011
- “Motel Matchbooks”, Pittsburgh IsReads, Summer 2009
- Aleph in the Cellar, Open Thread 2009