Hello, my name is Colin Post. I'm a doctoral student in the Information and Library Science program at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, where I am also working on a masters degree in Art History. My research interests include histories of cultural heritage institutions, all things archives, and digital preservation, and in particular the preservation of digital and net-based artworks.
Before moving to North Carolina, I received an MFA in Poetry from the University of Montana. My creative work investigates histories of poetic form, and the materialities of analog and digital media.
- Post, Colin. 2017. "Building a Living, Breathing Archive: A Review of Appraisal Theories and Approaches for Web Archives." Preservation, Digital Technology & Culture 46 (2).
- Post, Colin. 2017. “Ensuring the Legacy of Self-Taught and Local Artists: A Collaborative Framework for Preserving Artists’ Archives.” Art Documentation 36 (1): 73–90. doi:10.1086/691373.
- "Preservation Practices of New Media Artists." Webinar presentation at the Digital Preservation Coalition, February 8, 2017, York, UK. http://dpconline.org/events/past-events/preserving-new-media-webinar
- "Meet the Artist: Cornelio Campos." Conversation between Colin Post and Cornelio Campos as part of the Durham County Library's Humanities Program series, October 30, 2016, Durham, NC. https://youtu.be/77S1G6JvIEU
- "Creativity Around the Corner: Artists' Archives at the Durham County Library." Poster presentation at Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting, July 31 - August 6, 2016, Atlanta, GA.
- "Designing and Delivering a Digital Archiving Workshop for Studio Artists." Personal Digital Archiving Conference, May 12-14, 2016, Ann Arbor, MI.
- “Voices From Every Angle: An Experiment in Documenting Contemporary Art.” Society of American Archivists Research Forum, August 18, 2015, Cleveland, OH.
- “The Collapse of Romanticism in The Octopus.” Western Literature Association Conference, October 5-8, 2011, Missoula, MT.
- “The Production of Space in The Crux,” Charlotte Perkins Gilman Conference, June 17-19, 2011, Missoula, MT.
akhilleus is an ongoing digital poem, a performative archive of voices and occurrences. This poem is a hub, with many discrete and related pieces emerging from this work.
Below is a list of my poetic publications, with links for everything available online.
- Excerpt from Lynx Perpetual Lynx, Tarpaulin Sky Magazine, online, July 2015
- “The figure is an instance of”, small po[r]tions, 4th Issue, March 2015
- Excerpt from Lynx Perpetual Lynx, Deluge, 3rd Issue, September 2014
- “Blame not / lutes broken to / hondes” and “Some Diagrams of Gleytch and Skin”, Hoax Publication, November 2013
- “billboards”, “wintervalu”, “werrtheaudio”, textsound, Issue 12, Winter 2012
- “Mural Valus”, Pismire, third flight, 2011
- “Motel Matchbooks”, Pittsburgh IsReads, Summer 2009
- Aleph in the Cellar, Open Thread 2009